Tools
Reply to Post

MOTORCYCLE WATCH... "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
Everyone,

We have a very interesting question I was hoping someone in our crew could help with. This involves a particular style of watch which was purchased in the Azores, Portugal some twenty years ago and the questioner is in hopes of finding another one with the same or very similar case.

As you'll see the interest revolves around the old-time motorcycle and rider depicted on the front of the case. The dial markings of 17-jewels, Incabloc and modern design name show it's a fairly recent Swiss item. As we know these things often are sold under different names in different places.

I'm sure you'll all agree it's unusual and something others might find interesting as well. A search of eBay may even turn one up. Let's see if we can help these people to find another of these. We have three pictures below, any leads, suggestions, or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Does it look familiar to anyone???

Lindell

Front of unusual "Motorcycle Rider" watchcase...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
posted
Back of the now-mysterious "Motorcycle Rider" case...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
posted
Dial, hands and markings of "Motorcycle Rider" watch...

Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
In the 70's I remember seeing Swiss made watches with many different scenes on the case cover. I found this in a department store in Nebraska. There have been motorcycle pocket watches on e-bay several times this year.

[This message was edited by Wayne C. Anderson on May 28, 2003 at 8:34.]

Train Case

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002