Page 1 2 
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

E. Howard Question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Sorry Buster, the case is a C.W.C.Co. with the star/crescent & Trade Mark. Serial#1022295. The cuvette is ringed with "Howard Watch Co. Boston"

The dial is fine Arabic numbers, D/S and the minute markers are in blue as well as the 5 minute interval markers.
The dial simply has "Howard" in script.

Rick

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
posted
Didn't know I was on page 2 and thought response did not post- good grief.
Buster, the case is a C.W.C.Co, serial#1022295. The cuvette is ringed with "Howard Watch Co. Boston"

The dial D/S and has fine Arabic numbers. The minute markers are blue as are the 5 minute interval numbers.

Rick

Posts: 535 | Location: Innisfil in Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 04, 2014
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Thanks, are there any presentations or dates on your case ? Might as well show it to us as they are getting scarce.

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
posted
No presentations or dates on the case. happy to post some pictures later tonight.
Rick

posted
16 size Howard Watch Co.
serial# 1057424, circa 1912-1914
23 jewel unmarked, Adjusted
Hunter Case, Serial#1022294
Case maker - C.W.C.Co.

posted
case face

posted
case back

posted
cuvette face

posted
inside cuvette

posted
dial

posted
movement

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
A very nice watch Rick !! I was under the impression that the "hooked finger" bridges started on the following run, but there it is, at least one in that run of 200 had the "hooked finger" bridges !!

regards,
bb

posted
Buster, your reference library, along with others, is nothing short of impressive and the consideration demonstrated sharing information is an absolute bonus. Thank you.

The learning curve is steep.

Regards
Rick

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Thanks Rick ! I enjoy helping members out on our little site with "stored/saved" information from the real experts. I've been a "student" my entire life and finally had to start saving it to a hard drive since my memory banks were overrun.

Sometimes it takes me a while to find it with my antiquated system. When needed I gladly share what I've learned with others, from others, from failures, from victories, from past trading, from setting up "shop" at different marts, [where I met some of you], from seminars & work shops attended, from working in retail store front antique, coin, watches type operations that my parents owned as a young man, and from listening to hours of "the good old days" and then picking the brains of those really old geezers who were spinning the tales of these antiquities with real time events, when I was a young gun. I had much rather share it "on-line" so all can benefit rather than one on one via PM's. I never expect or want a cent for my "relay" of researched information, since it's not my published works, it's just a sharing of intel for general knowledge and to promote goodwill among men.

Sometimes those "old guys" would look at me down their nose and over the top of their spectacles and remark; "Boy I've forgot more than you will ever know." Really ?? Well they meant that as a little bit of history is always being lost in translations, and now I'm just one of those "old guys" that's been there, done that, however, every once in a while I did get a T-Shirt Wink

regards,
bb