Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help with Illinois Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Joshua Kast
posted
Hello I was just given a footlocker from my grandfather who served in WWII. At the bottom of the footlocker lay a pocket watch that on the front say Illinois Watch Co and the serial number on the back reads 1829302 15 jewels Illinois watch co Springfield
from the research I have done all I can find out is that it was made in 1905 can anyone give me anymore info on this family heirloom ?

Posts: 3 | Location: Monterey, California in the USA | Registered: April 03, 2011
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Welcome Joshua

Photos are always helpful. From your serial number it is listed as 18 size lever set open face watch with 15 jewels. A model 6 grade 59 made in 1905 like you mentioned.

I hope this helps you some.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
Picture of Joshua Kast
posted
so I tried to upload some photos of my watch but it is saying the file size is to large any recommendations? and can you give me any more information regarding this watches price in 1905 and how accurate of a watch it is?

Posts: 3 | Location: Monterey, California in the USA | Registered: April 03, 2011
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Information on our Discussion Site...

Click here: How to Photograph Your Watches and Clocks

In there you will find information about sizing your images and posting them on our site.

Click these other links:

HELP IN POSTING IMAGES FOR HOSTING ON OUR IHC185 DISCUSSION SITE

PICASA - EXCELLENT FREE IMAGE PROGRAM

Extremely large images cannot be viewed by those with slower internet connections or smaller screens. Due to those considerations and to avoid overloading storage capacity our system is set up to not accept poster size images.

Hope this helps,

Debbie

Smile

Posts: 5232 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
You have a popular lever set Open Face Grade 59 carry watch. Illinois produced 62,400 of these between 1902 and 1929, and yours was part of a fairly early 500 Pc run in mid 1905. The movement is very similar to this 17J Gr 69 which was 3-5 Position adjusted version.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Picture of Joshua Kast
posted
Thank you all for your help so is there any clue on how much these watches sold for? And are these Railroad watches or just general use watches?