Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Keystone Watch Co with Celluloid dial HC "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Thought I would put this up, not often seen a Keystone Watch Co with celluloid dial version, has aged very nicely with a almost wood grain/Ivory appearance, nickel plate movement, needs service may put it up for sale in our “For Sale section “ short run company 1886-1891 bought out by Hamilton, So a must have for any true Hamilton collector.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Folks,
You will not find a celluloid dial any nicer than the one Chris has posted on our site. Chris, I hope you will give the IHC185 club members the first shot at bidding or buying this watch.
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
Fantastic dial, Chris.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Tony, Eric,
I will put this in the 185 Auction if we have a few people interested in a unusual watch, needs servicing not sure if I should do it first or give the buyer a option pretty busy at the moment, what you think?

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
In duscussion, I learned from Chris this is a complete "Dustproof" movement. In my "eye" the dial, case and movement all together approaches the "one of a kind" class of collectible! The "price guide" has no use whatsoever in evaluating this.

Some earlier fun discussion on the dustproof is at;

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...?r=34410826#34410826

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007