Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham:What Is It? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 750
posted
Sorry, no pictures. I'm looking at a watch whose movement is identical to movement in upper left corner of pg 141 in '06 price guide, Model #1874. Watch has upper date of Oct. 3 1876 and Sept. 28, 1880. On movement is pat pinion and under balance, Woerds patents. S#1787627

Dial A.W.Co Waltham. Arabic #'s with three dividing marks between each minute. Corresponding numerical #'s on outer edge from 5-60. Hr, Mn, second hands are blue. Large sweep hand which moves one minute per revolution of seconds hand. Button on side resets this hand to 12.

Case is A W Co 14kt gold. Box hinged heavy engraved hunter. #'s match Watch appears to be near mint. Can you identify this watch in price guide? Value? Thanks Bob

Posts: 60 | Location: Catlin, Illinois USA | Registered: May 28, 2006
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Sounds like a nice watch....
hard to tell for sure without a picture of the movement..The picture on page 141 it is a chronpgraph movement what sounds good is the 14 k original case.. Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 750
posted
Thanks Samie. I should add that the inner numbers are Roman Numerals and not Arabic. Thanks

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
ROBERT
HERE IS A COUPLE OF PICTURES FROM THE WALTHAM BOOK BY THE EHRHARDTS ((PRICES ARE FROM 1976)) MAYBE THEY WILL HELP..

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted

IHC Member 750
posted
Samie, Thanks for all your efforts. From your pictures and the location of the serial#, etc I believe it is a Model 1874. The front of the case appears like the one in picture 8019 except HC. I was told this watch is a 15J, split second, min regulator, which according to guide is a valuable watch. Thanks again.

IHC Member 750
posted
Samie, Will add that the dial appears to be the same as in 8120 picture and movement very close to 1085 but not exactly. Thanks

IHC Member 750
posted
The front of this watch is identical to your picture 2(8120) Is this a register, min register, split second, or ??

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
ROBERT

your welcome sounds like you have one of the good ones. Smile

i sent you a email

Picture of Tom McIntyre
posted
Watch 8120 in the illustrations is a simple chronograph in a hunting case. It has neither a split nor a register. The value difference is around 30x between the simple chrono and the split with register.

I have most of these watches pictured on my web site at http://www.awco.org/AWCo/Complications.htm

Posts: 633 | Location: Boston, Massachusetts USA | Registered: November 25, 2002
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Tom is right i have only saw 1 split second with the minute register and they are rare.. Smilebut any Waltham chronograph in the original 14k case is nice..