Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Regrets? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Frown Have you regretted selling a watch or two or maybe more once in your collection? Confused

I can't add to this thread as I'm all about buying watches, not selling them, at least for now! Roll Eyes Smile

Want to talk about a watch once in your collection? One that you sold and now regret? Confused Here's a place you can commiserate. Frown Frown Regrets? Confused Frown Frown

Stephanie O'Neil
Pocket Watch Moderator
NAWCC Member 143979

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
Picture of Stephen L. Russell
posted
I have given the odd watch away,but I have never sold one....yet.

I bought some with the intention of selling them,I just have not got around to it...they are low end stuff.

Posts: 849 | Location: Victoria, British Columbia Canada | Registered: December 05, 2003
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Here's one that got away...

Not long ago I was offered and bought an unusual Elgin Convertible three finger bridge with "Webb C. Ball, Cleveland Ohio" marked on the dial. Silver box-case, really a cool watch. A friend was over and I sold it for exactly what I paid for it saying that I'd probably soon wish I'd kept it. Over the course of the next ten days the watch changed hands three more times each turn at a significant profit. Ironically, one of our members ended up with it and he'll probably hold onto it.

One of those "find another one" watches. It's a great one, the case truly amazing.

See what you think of this one, the "Box-Case Ball-Elgin" as I call it...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Stephen R.,
"Odd watch?" Confused Care to elaborate? Confused

Lindell,
What a fine silver box case watch! Cool I've not seen anything like it. Roll Eyes Sorry. Frown At least the watch is still in the family, well, sort of.

Others with watch regrets they care to discuss? Confused Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Stephanie O'Neil
Pocket Watch Moderator
NAWCC Member 143979

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003