• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

just a quick comment... "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Looks like now is the time to buy watches on Ebay. Have you notice prices seem to be quite soft. Not real happy with the prices being realized for my auctions. Frown The buyers seem too be very happy though. Big Grin I hope it picks up, as I'm just about to post the good stuff... Confused Jim

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/treasurehunt-unltd

Posts: 273 | Location: New York in the USA | Registered: May 28, 2008
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Jim

Yes I notice that as well. I have been putting off listing some of my stuff. I recently sold a nice 21 jewell Bunn Special and it didn't bring in near what I thought it would. And yes, I have gotten a couple of good buys.

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
Jim,

I thought the three Hamiltons that I was bidding on in your auctions went for about what they are worth. Are there specific items you are refering to?

John III

Posts: 1755 | Location: Colorado in the USA | Registered: October 17, 2005
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
I've noticed too, but some are actually higher than normal! Weird huh?

I would also like to mention, that some sellers don't think sometimes. Sorry, in advance, to the sellers here.

But.....

From August to December the buying issues everyone has are at their peak right about now, so many should wait until at least the first week of December. I know, I know, it's impossible, but think of this.

First is planning for school clothes, then school supplies, then anything left out for school. Then there is halloween, people spend more and more for it these days than ever before, then there is Thanksgiving, and right now, people are thinking how much they spend for the Thanksgiving Dinner, guests, extra food for visitors, etc, and then there is Christmas. Add to that, the extra cost of food, the electric bills, and so on.

Since gas went down here today, some say it's a releif, and now they can spend more on Christmas, but when asked, they all said they have to get through the Thanksgiving holiday before they even think of Christmas.

Next, did you know that most Americans pay the bulk of their Auto and Home insurance between August and December, so that's another issue to consider, then add to that, that comsumer spending for Christmas has been from Dec. 3, on for the last 3 years.

So, my point, hold on to your great watches, and sell them after Dec. 3rd!

You will have READY buyers, that are in a panic to finish the last of their spending for the entire year. AND SPEND MORE IN THE LAST DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS THAN ANY OTHER TIME IN THE YEAR!

The lower gas prices will play a HUGE roll in what people spend this year. So will lower groceries.

I know I would feel better buying a watch that cost over $500.00 when I know my groceries will cost less, and my gas is half of what it has been.

Don't forget, there are those that have been thinking about the watch that they have always wanted for Uncle Joe, and after the gas goes down, they will be eager to pick one up.

I know the watches that I will be in the market for, and everything I have listed here, has been what has kept me from being able to make my purchases so far. But come Dec. 3, I will become a SERIOUS PURCHASER, and if the price of gas changes, I will spend more.
(they will too)

So, Hang in there guys, it's a comin!!!

Come December, it's gonna be a game of, "Start your Engines" and "Let the Games Begin"!!!!!

I'm gonna be ready!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
Man Jim, you must be getting spoiled. I looked at your 40 completed sales and don't see 1 weak price. I would say you consistently get 20-30% more than most sellers on Ebay for the same watch due to your excellent presentation. Regards Geno

Posts: 357 | Location: Foster City, California USA | Registered: August 06, 2007
posted
It would make sense to see some drops. All other asset classes have taken a 30 to 40 percent hit this year.

Just picked up this one , didn't really need it, bid low and was surprised to get it.

Ball & Co

Happy hunting,

Bill Kapp
http://williamkapp.tripod.com/index.htm

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
posted
Hello Group,
Sorry for starting a topic & not responding. I've been out of town with limited access to a computer. I will be back tomorrow evening & will respond with answers & my thoughts. Again I apologize. Talk to you soon. Best, Jim

Posts: 273 | Location: New York in the USA | Registered: May 28, 2008