Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Manuals "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Thanks to a good friend who knows my keen interest in watches, I have acquired an original loose leaf bound 1935 Hamilton watch materials catalog which also includes all Hamilton serial numbers completed to that date, and . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
. . . a complete "NAVSHIPS 250-624-1 "Manual for the overhaul, repair and handling of Hamilton 35-size chronometer watch with parts catalog.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
The materials book is 32 pages long and the service manual is 63 pages long. I can scan and put that on disc or archive it on our site. What say you and how do I archive it?

btw, I also have about 100 pages of Hamilton service updates for these watches.

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
David
I think it would be great on this site. And thank you very much for offering.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
Picture of Peter Shea
posted
Dave,

This is a huge undertaking. I don't think this reference exist online and would be unique to IHC185.

Posts: 20 | Location: Dillsburg, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: August 20, 2007
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Dave. That would be great and I know our members and the future members will appreciate it. Thank you so much for your contributions to this great club of ours. Smile

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
A great addition to the site. I know I could use the info.

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Dave,
If I were you, I would do both...put it on disc and archive here on the greatest horological site in the world, and I agree with Peter, it will be a major undertaking and I'm sure Lindell can show you how to archive it....

In the short time I have been a member here, you have contributed greatly to this site.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!! Wink

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

This is great David,

Begin by following the link below...

Hamilton Sales Literature, Service and Parts Catalogs from IHC185™

At this point the Hamilton Horology area is password protected to save on the costs of operation. But we recently placed all that on-site as well so it is preserved on the IHC185 Servers, but have not yet had time to complete all the details of indexing. Consider how David's new material will fit into the list of what is presently available.

We have always freely shared all our research material in open-to-the-public areas rather than just "members only" on the theory the resources would attract more members, what is your opinion, should that continue to be our practice? It is also important to collect the $12.00 Annual Dues (kept low so anyone can afford to join) or one-time $185.00 Life Memberships to keep the IHC185 financially sound now and in the future.

Thanks everyone,

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Hello Lindell,

I for one think there should be cetain things kept behind the 'members only' protection.

When I found this site, I was intrigued enough by the desire to see the 'members only auction' and the fee to join was reasonable enough to allow that. But it is the rest of the site and free commuication of the members that made me want to stay and contribute what little I can.

I know there are sites out there that if one wants to research on their site it costs $$$$, even for one day's use.

I am 'hooked for life' and when it is time to renew my membership, you will be receiving my renewal at the 'Life' level, for sure....

Just my thoughts....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Lindell

I agree with Jerry, I think making certain areas like David's books members only. I think that might encourage more to join but also restrict those that only want the information for themselves without sharing anything else.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
The membership fee of $12 has paid for itself many times over for me and I am glad this venue is available. For the casual observer it may not be worth $12, but for anyone else, more than worth the price of admission.

Roger

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
OK Will do! Smile

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
$12.00 / 365 = $0.0328

What a deal! Big Grin

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Lindell, I have the first manual ready, and I don't have the faintest idea how to load it into the gelson stuff. Call me or something.

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Looking at Phil's math, it looks like IHC185 Membership is about three cents per day. Eek Gee, that is a bargain! I often say that if you get just one helpful response, get one helpful piece of research, are saved from a bad buy or make a good buy the whole year is covered.

Dave, we will go over this in the coming days and get the material loaded.

Thanks everyone, keep the great comments coming!

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002