Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Unusual dial on this low end Illinois. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
I came across this watch checking out past purchases of someone bidding on one of my watches. I found it interesting that this is the same dial that is found on the higer end 161A and 163A except that it is single sunk. I think that is the first one of these that I have come across or at least paying attention to it. Anyone else seen these before?

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
I believe it is all correct as it is on a grade 167 17 jewel movement with serial number putting it at 1931 production year.

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Steve,
We know that the arrows in-big six-flat top 3 dial came in a single sunk and double sunk version so it just seems that the arrows out montgomery dial would probably come in a single sunk and double sunk version.
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Member 1508
posted
Steve, the dial on my 169 looks just like this one, only it's a goldish color, and has 24 hr markings. I had a thread about it in the Illinois section. Regards, Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010