Got this Superior Hunter with fancy dial...Lever Set
looks to be 15 Jewel? WHAT IS IT???
Swiss fake? (not marked swiss anywhere)
Some kind of obscure American Company?
Anyone know? Appreciate any insight...

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Member 1338
posted
Dial

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Member 1555
posted
That one is a Swiss Fake Tom, still a nice looking piece though. I had a few of these Swiss Fakes over the years and a few of them actual run very wellSmile

Posts: 2260 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
I agree with Bila. Swiss fake made to look like a Hampden. Their was a Superior Watch Co. from Pa. and also NY. They used low grade American watch movements and also Swiss movements although I have never seen them use a Swiss Fake movement unless this is one. I don't think it is as they always said Philadelphia, Pa. (I believe) or New York, Ny (I also believe). as I don't remember the cities. I had one of each at one time.

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC Member 1338
posted
Thanks Bila and Harry!
It needs service which unfortunately the service and a case would cost far more than the watch is worth

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

IHC Member 665
posted
Yes, a Swiss fake of poor quality, to my mind.

It is reminiscent of the good quality Superior St movements made by Hampden and marketed by Ball, in his early days.

Posts: 209 | Location: East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia | Registered: December 31, 2005