Another

Posts: 486 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: March 13, 2010
posted
And a final model 1888

Posts: 486 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: March 13, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
Kevin those watches have been recalled as unsafe by the U. S. Department of disinformation. You should pack them up and mail them to me for proper disposal! Absolutely beautiful and the tadpole regulator is a gem on a par with my Hampden golf club stuff. Thanks for showing them.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
Thus far I would award first prize to Buster, second to Eric. Honorable mentions to several others. Stumbled onto this at 5 am and woke up pretty quick!
Smile
kh

Posts: 921 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: March 25, 2013
Picture of Jim Walz
posted
Here is one of my personal favorites. It is an 18 size Hamilton Special.

Posts: 427 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: April 07, 2003
Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
Yes, with a very nice ray pattern and gold screws, that's beautiful.

kh

Posts: 921 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: March 25, 2013
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
For elegance of design, the finest hand work and outright technical excellence, it's hard to beat the simplistic beauty of the high grade Swiss movement.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Another. These images were lifted from Steve G's website: http://ninanet.net/watches/launchpad.html
I trust he won't mind as they are for educational purposes.

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
Personally I can not make a choice. Everyone here has shown you examples of beautiful watches. I agree with each and every one of them. One of my least favorite types of movements are the guilt but even those can be stunning. If the guilt is bright and shiny and it has dark blue screws as some of the Hampden's do they can be gorgeous. I even have a 7 jewel size 18 Elgin I purchased for the hunter case but the movement looked brand new so I never separated them. So each watch has something special about them to me.

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
This is my favorite American movement...from my own very small collection: A top grade 23 jewel Bunn Special from 1923. Accurate, rugged, reliable, ornate and beautiful!

William

posted
got this one today

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
As much as I like damaskeening a Keystone Howard can make me forget it was ever used.

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
The Waltham Model 1888 is also one of my personal favorites for countless reasons. This Two-Tone Riverside (movement close up and a somewhat clumsy collage) passed through my collection a few years ago . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 1357
posted
I love the frosted movements!!
Roger

dI

Posts: 4093 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
I love the simple elegance and spectacular quality of the Ulysse Nardin HS2 Chronometer grade watch from WW2 ,and although I have the brass cradle thereof it mounts in,I am still missing the deck watch box to hold it. Many's the young sailor in wartime who owed their lives and the safety of their ships to beauties like this,as well as the Hamilton Model 22.Remarkably both my Nardin and my 22 Hamilton keep time with my computer almost to the second even after all these years Big Grin

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
Most beautiful? I can't answer that, but I will show five candidates.

The first is this lovely JJ Badollet.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
The second is this very pretty Touchon.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
The third is C.H. Meylan SS#37.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
I don't want to leave the British/Northern Irish out. So, another nominee is this Sharman D. Neill karussel (the escapement rotates -- same concept as a tourbillon, but different mechanism).

IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
And not to leave low-end U.S. watches out, my last candidate is likely the highest grade watch New York Standard ever made, its scarce 15 jewel convertible.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
I personalty like the Rockford's and it's not because I am from Rockford or because my family sold watches I just think Rockford's have a unique design that they always took to the next level. My uncle Stan was a Elgin educated, Rockford employee and I can remember some of the fantastic, beautiful masterpieces he would bring home too work on.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
Picture of Francesco Marco Maraschin
posted
Here is my favorite American movement

[not mine]

Posts: 226 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: November 19, 2012
posted
Here is another 1892

Posts: 226 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: November 19, 2012
posted
Just one more
[I got these pics off the ihc, but I cant remember who's watches they are]