• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Nail Set? Help on a PS Bartlett 1877! "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello guys. I need help with a "nail set movement". This is a Waltham model 1877 PS Bartlett, lever set, serial number 1567980. I need to know what kind of case, or crown, this movement needs. All of my other movements have the female crown stem, but this one is a male type. So I am at a loss as what options I have with this movement. I cannot find much info online about this type of movement. Replies very welcome, pics to follow. Thanks in advance.

dial side

Posts: 23 | Location: Channahon, Illinois in the USA | Registered: March 30, 2013
posted
Here is he movement pic,,

plate side

Posts: 23 | Location: Channahon, Illinois in the USA | Registered: March 30, 2013
IHC Member 1555
posted
Hi James,

Looks like there is a lever set at the five, where is the actuator for the nail set? You will need a hunter case with a female stem, case pendant will have a retaining screw to hold the stem in on the back-side of the pendant. Would probably be best to buy a case with the stem as these female stems seem to be hard to find.

Regards,
Bila

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
Hi James, I don"t know if this will help but since the case alone may be quite hard to find you might want to look for a Non Magnetic Watch Company product in a hunter case. On their 16 size watches with Swiss movements they used the male set up and they were made to fit American 16 size cases. They also brought in 18 size Swiss movements, some of them very high end watches. The less valuable Swiss made 18 size do not bring prohibitive prices so maybe you can find one with the male set up? As far as the pin set part goes the only thing I can think of is to locate a Swiss pin set of the same size as your watch and that is a project unto itself.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
posted
Thanks guys.