WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Mystery 18 double sunk dial, need help to identify "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I picked up an 18 size double sunk dial on ebay, the seller said it was a Trenton but I don't ever recall seeing an 18 size Trenton with a double sunk dial, the 19j 16s was double sunk but it was also Swiss and marked Swiss on the back.

This one is a very nice private label double sunk with Roman numbers and red 5 min markers. I thought some of the book had the dial feet positions but that is hit or miss. The feet position are at 2 or 2.5, 21.5 or very close to it, and 38.2-38.5

I would think it is something besides a Trenton but not quite sure what it is.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
posted
Waltham's M83 dials have feet positions very close to that, but I don't believe they were made by the Swiss.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
No this one is not marked Swiss which is why I don't think it is a Trenton. Illinois model 6 appears to be an options also.

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
You're right Claude, Illinois Model 6 (18-size, open-face) has dial feet at 2, 21.5 and 38.5 minutes. Smile

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
And the one leg is nearly dead on the 2, as best as I can judge it. The name on it is

Frank H Nickhaus St Louis

IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Claude, check out this thread: Help needed with private label watch ID.

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
posted
A shot of the dial, not perfect but for less than $5 it appears to be a bargain.