Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

23J E. Howard "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Hello All,
I picked this one up recently and would like some information on it. I think this is one of the Waltham Howards but am not sure.. Any help would be appreciated

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
movement

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Bruce, what you have (I think) is a 23J Series 0 Howard. Specifically the Waltham produced Movements were quite different in four areas,
1. Waltham did NOT have a "swiss cutout" of the motor bridge showing the motor on the top.
2. The Waltham long Bridge holding the #2 Center wheel had smooth curved sides with less of Howard's little sharp tipped "wavelets" near the middle of the bridge.
3. The Waltham Balance Cock jewel screws were across the end of the cock not in line with it.
4. The Waltham Hairspring stud was the typical triangular steel stud held in with a clamp screw.

p.s. how you feeling? Still looking forward to meeting you sometime. dca

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
To illustrate, here is a photo of my Waltham/Howard 16 size bridge model.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005