• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Case repairs "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Thought I'd pass on the following info. I sent Two PW hunter cases to Leon Harris for repair. I got them back yesterday.

I would like to pass on to all how pleased I am with Leon's work. I would recommend him highly for case repairs.

Not only is his work commendable, I believe that his prices are quite reasonable.

I have already told this to Leon, and thought I'd post it here.

Tom

IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Hey Tom I agree with you 100% his work is commendable. I sent a case to him just to see the kind of work he does before I recommend him and he not only repaired the hinge he polished the case and straightened the covers all for a price that was unheard of anymore. Since then I always recommend him to anyone and everyone who asks. It is great to have true craftsmen in our IHC 185 along with many other who go unmentioned. We also have so many with a wealth of knowledge who go out of there way to help any of us. Thanks to Leon and all the others who make this chapter what it is today.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
posted
Here are a couple pictures of a Hamilton Webster ww that Leon worked his magic on today. I had planned to mail the case to him for repair but got up this morning in the mood for a nice drive so I went up to Livingston. I took along two hunting case pocket watches with problems in the front covers staying closed. I had planned to leave the lot with him and get them later, by mail or by driving back but he said he would do the repairs while I waited if I wished, so I walked around the courthouse square and browsed through some antique shops. I am very pleased with the work he did. As you can see in this before picture a glob of some sort of metal got stuck on the bezel of this watch and it looked bad indeed.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
And the result after Leon finished. I can't tell where the repair was made.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
IHC Life Member
RR Watch Expert
Picture of Ed Ueberall
posted
How about posting Leon's contact data (phone number, address, email, etc)?
Thanks.

Ed Ueberall
IHC Member 34
The Escapement

Posts: 620 | Location: Pooler, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 23, 2002
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Ed look in the Business Directory his contact info. is there...

Leon has did repair work for me on several cases and always does a great job.
Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Here is the link to Leon's info

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
Watchmaker
Picture of Leon Harris
posted
Thanks for all the kind words Tom, Robert, John, Sammie. With 27 years experience and the tools to do the repair. I still love to repair the cases. I fix them as they where my own. I also really enjoy my friends in the 185.

Posts: 296 | Location: Livingston, Tennessee USA | Registered: May 20, 2006
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Leon did some laser welding on a silveroid hunter case for me, and you can't even tell where the notch had been filed out in the past.

BEAUTIFUL work, and I'm proud to call Leon a 'neighbor' here in Tennessee! Smile

HIGH regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ronny Manis
posted
Leon do you have a shop in Livingston? I am originally from Byrdstown and drive through Livingston quite often.

Posts: 171 | Location: Cookeville, Tennessee USA | Registered: July 25, 2005
Watchmaker
Picture of Leon Harris
posted
Yes I do, it is E B Gray Jewelry 108 West Court Square. Please stop in and see me.
Since 1914

Posts: 296 | Location: Livingston, Tennessee USA | Registered: May 20, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ronny Manis
posted
I am familiar with E.B. Gray Jewelry. I will stop by on one of my Byrdstown visits.

Posts: 171 | Location: Cookeville, Tennessee USA | Registered: July 25, 2005