Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Private Label Identification - Please "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello Group,

I was wondering if you could provide me with assistance in determining who made this watch.

It is interesting for us locally because Steelton, Ont does not exist anymore. It is a small piece of Sault Ste Marie, On.

The jeweller had a shop in 1917 and his name is Alex H Darou as the dial states.

I would like some assistance with the movement (picture to follow). It is 15 Jewels - 2 position.

thanks

Posts: 15 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: September 14, 2011
posted
Movement.

Posts: 15 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: September 14, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Hi Shawn.

It's definitely Swiss made and the plate design suggests Omega.

Regards, Krister.

Posts: 375 | Location: Backaryd, Sweden | Registered: April 19, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Shawn, you have a nice "all Canadian" market Private Label Omega 19 Calibre movement made in 1912. Omega joined with Longines in the 1890's with the first very serious response to the shocking news that US-Made watches were the best in the world. Omega 19 Caliber and Longines L20 series were equal or better movements they produced for export to North America. While they were too late for RR watch sales in the "Made in USA" resticted US market, they thrived in Canada with very high quality personal and RR grade watches fitted with 24 Hour dials made for, sold and signed by their dealers.

Here is an 1895 vintage s/n1938683 "named" Omega Cal 19 that helps you see this classic movement design.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007