Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Cross Threading case Back "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1508
posted
Hi all. I just purchased a NAWCO Security watch case, and it has a couple of problems that I'm wondering can possibly be repaired. The back is hopelessly cross-threaded...took me about an hour, and quite a few ^*#!'s to get it seated. I also noticed a slight flattening on one side, and the edge of the case back sticks out in this area. Can these problems be fixed? I CAN send it back for a full refund, but I really like the look of it, and have a movement that would be perfect for it. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks. Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
posted
I believe you will always have problems with the threads, Brad. From your description of the problems with this case, including a "flattening on one side" and something that "sticks out", I'm at a bit of a loss as to why you still like it. Nevertheless, if there is something about it that makes your heart sing, by all means keep it.

Wait a minute.... unlikely, but is this a solid gold case? Eek

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009
IHC Member 1508
posted
Thanks Mike. And you're probably right, I should send it back, and I think I will. The flattened spot on the side is barely noticeable, but it is. I was just wondering if anything could be done to fix it before I send it back. I love these NAWCO cases, but I guess I'm going to have to hunt for another one. At least the seller offered to refund my money, so not all is lost. Regards, Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
IHC Member 1508
posted
And no...it's a gold filled. Brad

IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
Brad, Do you have a picture of the case?

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
posted
Brad, if you will be patient, other NAWCO cases will show up that you like even better. Meanwhile you still have your money. Be vigilant. If you shop on ebay, they will notify you if anyone uses 'NAWCO' in their description.

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009
IHC Member 1508
posted
You're right Mike. Sent it back to the guy today. I know I'll find another one, it's just gonna take some time.There's one on ebay right now, but it doesn't have its' dust cuvette. I've got an Illinois Bunn 19j that Chris is working on right now that would be great in one of these. And Larry, I don't have a pic of it. I've got the expired ebay ad that I could put up in "Pitfalls". Regards, Brad