Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Yard Sale watch holder. Value is ???? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
I bought this along with a Waltham and several other watches. I'm beginning to think the stand or hanger is worth as much as the fat book value on the Waltham $100.00. I don't have near that invested.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Back side

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Member 1423
Picture of Charles P. Hodge
posted
I like it! Cool find.

Charlie Hodge

Posts: 73 | Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: May 12, 2010
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
Nice pick up Pat. Now you need about 50 more for the rest of your watches.

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Nice one Patrick.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks Friends. There are some similar on the bay now that are going for around $250.00. I'm not an antique dealer so don't have a clue how to judge its value.

Picture of Joseph Boone
posted
Thats not bad at all! I like it.

Posts: 379 | Location: Charlotte, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: August 10, 2012
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Even if the stand is only pot metal, I'd still value it around $100. If it's silver, it would be a lot more.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Last one of those I saw was in an antique store in a high end central Kentucky antique store. It was behind glass too.

They were asking $230. I assumed it was silver based on the price, but it was the same shape, figure and everything.

Anyway, that was 2 years ago.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3832 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
Did you check for any hallmarks Patrick?

IHC Life Member
posted
Peter,
No hallmarks at all, none. Not even a casting mark. It appears to be Pewter & the curly Q at the top of the lamp that the watch hangs on is lead or Solder. I don't know about the pearl.

posted
easy $100 to 200.00 as is IMHO by looking on ebay

posted
That's quite a conversation piece, Pat! From the back, the figure in the bottom of the lamp-post looks like a pretty girl with a drooping dress. From the front, it looks kinda like an ape-man wiping sweat from his forehead. I like the back better Razz

Posts: 156 | Location: Columbus, Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 16, 2011
Picture of Brian C.
posted
I think it's older than the watch. Smile Wink

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002