Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Genuine piece of history "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
I anxiously awaited the arrival of one of my latest and greatest acquistions like a six year old on Christmas morning. It was coming from the ebay estate broker for an "international collector" and I was hoping the serial number in the discription was correct because I could not verify it in the photos. The package arrived early this afternoon and I quickly unwrapped the bubble wrap revealing the watch. It looked like it from the front so I unscrewed the back to reveal the movement. By now I had the serial number memorized and verified it was the one in the sellers discription.

According to the Meggar's Illinois Blue Book (and thank you Ethan) this 19 Jewel Illinois Bunn model holds the lowest serial number of all 19 Jewel Bunn models produced. The watch appears to be in the original make up as the day it was first sold. The case shows some wear and the bow is a little beat up and bent but overall condition is not bad. the watch will need to be cleaned, oiled, and adjusted but other than that I will leave it as it is.

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
posted
And here is the picture of the movement....

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
posted
And a closeup of the serial number....2649701

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
posted
And lastly from the Megger's book....

Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Steve,

Wow! Well Done! She's a Beauty!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Congratulations Steve a excellent find.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003