• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Elgin grade 391 market Father Time "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Normally most grade 391's are marked BW Raymond either in fancy or block type script lettering. I bought this one from Phil and it is marked Father Time so from checking there appears to be 3 variants I have two, this one and one marked BWR in fancy script.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I have always loved those dials, Claude. It was the same dial that was on my Great-grandfathers railroad watch.

VERY nice Elgin, my friend!

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
I stumbled upon it on ebay (Phil's auction) and not many showed an interest in it which was a bit strange since it is a lesser marked version of the 391. I cleaned the case and it really looks better in person, so I am very pleased with it. Mark I will check my 18s 3/4 plates and if any have the same type dial if your dial is in equal condition I have no problem swapping with you since it gives you the same look your GGF had.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Nice-looking watch Claude. I'll second what Mark said about the dial.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Thanks, Claude! That would be FANTASTIC if it were possible. Smile

If you find a dial, I'd have to send my 367 down to you to do the swap, though. I don't have the tools to pull a dial myself....that or we can send dial and watch down to Chris Abell and let him do the deed for me.

My dial is mint. No hairlines, cracks or chips, or at least none I can see with a loupe. Unusual for an original 1910 watch.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002