Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

BRT Coin (Brotherhood Railroad Trainmen) "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
What were these used for, obviously I know it is a coin but what purpose did they serve, its not like a pin where you can wear it. Looks like someone drilled a hole in it so it could be used for something different than originally designed.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
back side

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
while I am on the subject does this pin look original or replica

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
It was a form of ID to verify union membership, like for medical benefits and is very collectible.

Prior Topic with More Information.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
This aluminum token is more of generic membership medallion that could be personally engraved with the members name and Lodge number. The second pin back is a more modern Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers membership pin that the International Division gave out at international and regional conventions. They can also be ordered by Division's and Members through the Brotherhood's magazine, they came out in the 1980s from what I can remember.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002