Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

4s Illinios in a Brooklyn Eagle case "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 48
Picture of Keith Klimkowicz
posted
Hi All

Just picked this nice little Illinois pocket watch up. The shop owner said it was not solid gold, but I think it might be? It is labeled Brooklyn with a picture of a eagle and then the word eagle and serial number. Do I remember that the Brooklyn cases are solid gold? Any help on this would be appreciated. Will try to post picture later.

Thanks

Posts: 856 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Hi Keith, yes it is supposed to be 8K solid gold. Geno

Posts: 357 | Location: Foster City, California USA | Registered: August 06, 2007
IHC Member 48
posted
Thanks Gene for the information.

Here is a picture of the case name. This is hard to photograph.

Posts: 856 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 48
posted
a picture of the case front.

I had time to look up the serial number in the big blue illinois book and found out this is a 4 size grade 130. Great little watch.

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
I agree with Gene. Roy Ehrhardt's trademark book shows Brooklyn Eagle, with that same eagle logo, as 8K solid gold on page 57.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004