Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Looky What I found !!!! "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Going through some of my watches I recently bought from a collection and had to do a double take on this one. Smile

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
wow Robert nice is that a 19 size.. Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
Picture of Ron Birchall
posted
Very nice find Robert! Cool

Can you show us photos of the rest?

Posts: 388 | Location: Wheaton, Illinois U.S.A. | Registered: December 20, 2004
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is a picture of the dial. Yes it is 19 size 20 jewel 3 star watch. I will be listing it soon on my site with no reserve. Can't afford to keep all watches Frown

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Robert not really my cup of tea,,

It should be a hot item with lots of bids on ebay.. Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
Picture of Ron Birchall
posted
Robert

I am at my summer cottage and away from all of my resources. Can you give a bit of background on where this watch fit in the Lancaster lineup?

Ron

IHC Life Member
posted
Hey Ron this is a Adams Perry & Co. Watch.
Where is your cottage I will come join you I need a break LOL Big Grin

Picture of Ron Birchall
posted
Robert

We are in Wisconsin's North woods; 40 miles from Michigan's UP. Pretty warm today; Got up to 83 but its back down to 70 now (about 9:45PM)

Come on up! Don't forget to bring the watch! Wink

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Watch him close, Robert! Last time I got an offer like that, they either needed some wood chopped or the grass cut. Very sneaky, these Yankees! Roll Eyes Big Grin

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Robert,
WOW! What a find! Congratulations!

What kind of case does it have?
That dial looks great, and the movement is so clean. Really Nice.

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
Picture of Tom McIntyre
posted
The nickel Adams & Perry should be the star watch of any Hamilton collection, but I know tastes vary. Here is the example from my collection.

Posts: 633 | Location: Boston, Massachusetts USA | Registered: November 25, 2002
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...very nice piece Robert!...does yours accept a crystal over the back plate as Tom's appears to have?...am glad I have your Ebay site 'bookmarked'...

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
IHC Life Member
posted
Hey Ron I will bring a suitcase of watches so we could kick back and relax and admire watches.

Hey Mark Thanks for the advice but I would come with enough watches to talk about he will forget about the grass and if he needs any repair work I enjoy that especially since it seems I am always sitting in front of computer now dealing with watches.

Sheila yes I am happy I got a quite a few finds in this collection. The case is nothing fancy and did not think it warrented listing a picture. I actually thought it did not look like it was original but after thought was it being a 19 size chances are good it is original unless someone took the time to modify a 18 size.

Tom to bad mine wasn't a little closer in serial number you could have had consecutive serial #'s. I was hoping for your highly respected proffesional opinion on the other Watch

Jim it will be going up on my Ebay site as usual with no reserve along with many other nice pieces from this collection. I am not sure how soon I will have it up it seems as though the deals have rolled in and burried me lately and trying to dig my way out and keep a variety of stuff up for everyones interest.

posted
Robert,
Just my opinion, but I think this one warrants a reserve price.
In the summertime, you never know.
This is the highest vacation time of the summer.
She's too nice to let go for pennies on the dollar.
(Sorry, just had to)

Sheila

IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks Sheila for your concern and I might decide to listen but I usually like to move them on out and my prices always seem to do well on a whole. I sold some today that I bought from the auction and overall did ok nothing great, lost on some and made on others. I would rather let them go so I have my money to go find more to sell. I found a bunch of enamel cases but nothing with a pansy yet. Wink

IHC Life Member
posted
Okay Everyone Several of you wanted to know when I was posting this watch well I did and at no reserve!! So if it goes cheap I would rather see a fellow IHC member get it. I also listed several other nice pieces. Adams Perry Listing

posted
Robert,
I just KNEW this would hit it big, and it looks like it's on it's way! WOW
Can't wait to see where it closes.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Sheila

Picture of Joel W. Sarich
posted
Good luck, Robert! And away she goes!
Cheers!
Joel

Posts: 286 | Location: Northern Ohio in the USA | Registered: February 13, 2005
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Thanks for the 'heads-up' Rob, it should do very well.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002