Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My Latest/more pics/ ? Type of Beads & Box? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
My latest Pansy.

If you know what the name of these beads are, how about letting me know.
How about the Box? Tom mentioned Japanese in the other post, right? I don't know these at all.

I didn't even notice that there was a Protector for the watch until Tom pointed it out to me.

Thanks Tom.

Sheila

New Pan10

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
#2 7 Diamonds and 3 Garnets.

Sheila

New Pan40

posted

Sheila

New Pan20

posted
# 4

Sheila

new pan60

posted
The Chain/Fob

The Black Case is a Watch Protector.

Sheila

New Pan Chain

posted
A nice Box

Sheila

New Pan Box1

posted
Sheila, Is the watch protector made of Bakelite? If so, can you read on the inside cloth lining if it is an Ajax product?

Yours looks like an Ajax protector.
These Ajax protectors were popular in the late 1800's and early part of the century. They made them in both OF and HC configuration, and made them in most all sizes.
These protectors are collectable in their own right.

Tom

Picture of Sam Williamson
posted
Sheila, that is one cool watch & chain! What is it made of? Did the set/box come together? If you get time, please post your collection of Pansys' in the archive section here.

Sam Williamson

Posts: 618 | Location: Northwestern Florida in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 27, 2002
Picture of Tom McIntyre
posted
I said Japan in my previous post, but the box is more likely Chinese. It is very similar in appearance to the ones that modern Chinese reproduction clocks are shipped in. I would be very surprised if it were more than 15 or 20 years old.

The fob looks like ebony to me. Is it shiney or soft finish?

Posts: 633 | Location: Boston, Massachusetts USA | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
Tom H,
I just won the watch, so I don't have it yet, but I do know about the Protectors, I have one that I got some time back, and posted here, it was an Ajax and still has some writing in it. I'll list when I get it.

Sam, Thank you, and I am going to post all of my Pansy's when I get this one. I have some questions to ask about all of them, and can't wait to get this one, so I can settle some questions I have about them.

Tom Mc,
Good observation, you can let me know about the box when I get it, and you can let me know what you tink about it.
Maybe you can tell me about the fob. Is Ebony shiney or flat? Also, I thought it might be something they call Jet, but I know nothing about either of these. Like the others, I will have to post the information when I get the items.

You were also right about the cost, I didn't even realize that the watch had the protector with it, until I read your other post! Duh.
Thank you for that.

Now that I look at it, the watch, with all that came with it, was quite reasonable.

Nice Elgin 0s, 14K Gold, 7 Diamaonds, 3 Garnets, or Ruby's, A Watch Protector, A Fob that is Ebony or Jet, and a nice Chinese Box to put it in.
Not bad for $500

Sheila