• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

DOXA POCKET WATCHES "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
GREETINGS, 6 MOS. AGO I PURCHASED SOME DOXA POCKET WATCH PARTS,2 CASES 1 IS A GOOD ONE AND 1 MAYBE REPAIRABLE, 1 MOVEMENT AND A LOT OF OTHER MISC. PARTS. ARE DOXA POCKET WATCHES A COLLECTABLE ITEM? I AM A CLOCK COLLECTOR AND I HAVE A CLOCK REPAIR BUSINESS SO MY KNOWLEDGE OF WATCHES IS VERY LIMITED. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU EDDIE HINES

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Eddie,
Yes indeed they are collectable, however I don't know much about them. They are Swiss made, and they are auctioned at very different prices for sure. I have seen a few that have sold at pretty high prices, even though a lot of them sell at about $50.00. I guess you would have to know the watch in order to know what it would be worth, since I have seen some sell well over $600.00.

Not much, but it's a little bit of information to start with.

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
SHEILA, THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONCE AND INFORMATION, THE DOXA PARTS I HAVE CAME IN AN ORIGINAL LARGE DOXA BOX WITH THE COMPANY LOGO I WOULD ASSUME THE BOX IS WORTH MORE THAN THE PARTS.THANKS AGAIN. EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
posted
Here is some history on doxa from there web site.
http://www.doxawatches.com/history.htm#

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008