Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Sources for pocket watch storage cases? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 935
posted
What is the name and address of the company in Carolina that offers wooden cases? I would welcome also knowing of other recommendations. Thanks!

Mort

Posts: 175 | Location: Davis, California USA | Registered: March 10, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
The bestmultiple and single storage cases made are availabe from Desmond Lundy who is also a "185'r" you can reach him at;

fermenthaus@shaw.ca

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Picture of Desmond Lundy
posted
Mort - I will be pleased to look after your needs if you care to email me at fermenthaus@shaw.ca Desmond Lundy

Posts: 785 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: February 25, 2003
IHC Member 935
posted
Thanks, David and Desmond. I am already a customer of Desmond. And I shall get in touch to continue the relationship.

Mort

Posts: 175 | Location: Davis, California USA | Registered: March 10, 2007
Picture of Desmond Lundy
posted
Mort - I will be leaving Thursday 26th for 12 days in Chicago. I would be pleased to get your 'needs" out before I leave, should you care to contact me. Desmond

Posts: 785 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: February 25, 2003
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
These are "No Question" the best there is.

I have the storage cases and the Pouches, and I love them both.

I tried many cases before these, and Desmonds are the best. My daughter uses my old ones for her jewelry!!!

They have held up to my constant use and are still like new.

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
IHC Life Member

posted
Hi,
Does anyone know where I can source the pocket watch storage cases exactly like the ones Desmond Lundy was selling.

I have some other ones very similar in style but the one I got from Desmond years ago is built a little better and the individual cubes are also very slightly larger in size (2 1/4" x 2 3/8") which allows some of my watches with bigger bows to fit without having to fold the bow.

Desmonds cases were green on the exterior with a green inner lining. The height on the case was also just a little deeper coming in at 1 3/8" vs 1" on the ones I see on the market now.

Any help in locating a vendor for these would be greatly appreciated.

See the post by David Abbe just above mine for a description of Desmonds cases.

Thanks
Rick

Posts: 175 | Location: Eastern Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: November 28, 2013
IHC Member 2030
posted
Agreed Rick
Desmond had the best
Try this site, they look nice, but I have not purchased
Mike
https://www.ebay.com/usr/mikes...p2053788.m1543.l2754

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
IHC Member 1338
posted
I bought mine from Ashland years ago.
You could buy the 15 cap 16s or the
12 cap 18s either for about $16 bucks as I recall

I bought all 12 cap ones so my bigger bow 16S would fit nicely
They're still holding up 20 yrs later don;t know if
they still handle them or what price is

The only ones I see on ebay all hold some different kind of watch it has a strap on both sides kind of strange. I believe they call them wristwatches?

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
IHC Member 1338
posted
Those are same ones I bought years ago, his
are primarily for 12 and 16S watches, some 18S will fit it but probably not all still not bad for 2019 price?

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
posted
I may be late to the party , but here is what I use , nothing like a box 'o Bunns !

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pocke...4ccf81ea5948d6b4b8dd

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
IHC Member 1851
posted
Search seller findingking
These boxes are $10 less there

Posts: 207 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado in the USA | Registered: April 23, 2013
posted
Cool

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015