WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

I couldn't hardly contain myself when I saw this one "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Jim Walz
posted
Got this last week I had never seen one in tu-tone. It is really cool. Razz

Posts: 427 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: April 07, 2003
Picture of Jim Walz
posted
top picture

Posts: 427 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: April 07, 2003
posted
Was it a put together ?
Can the tops be changed Confused

Mike Nardick

Posts: 267 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Jim Walz
posted
I figured someone would ask that, but it is NOT made of two. I have actually seen 1 other just like it so I can not claim to have the only one. Anyone else seen one?

Watch Repair Expert
posted
Which I'm sure is probably original, but it reminds me of a story my father tells about my grandfather:

Dad happened to notice one day that his father was wearing one black sock and one blue one, and he wondered if he was aware of that fact.

"Dad," he said, "Did you know you're wearing one black sock and one blue one?"

"I know...," my grandfather replied, "And I have another pair just like 'em."

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

===================

Steve Maddox
President, NAWCC Chapter #62
North Little Rock, Arkansas
IHC Charter Member 49

Posts: 618 | Location: North Little Rock, Arkansas USA | Registered: December 05, 2002
Picture of Jim Walz
posted
Some people spend far to much time trying to figure out something wrong to appreciate something fine. By the way steve the other box I Smile have seen had the same color top and bottom so I guess it was not SWITCHED with that one.

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
Jim,

Thanks for sharing that interesting box. The usual blue inner lining would provide quite a contrast with the red.

Like the others I've never seen one like this. I must admit the few I have are the common cream colored ones.

Just another of those "something new" we learn every day in this fascinating hobby.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of R. J. Lucke
posted
Jim,

Neat box, thanks for posting.

I've seen a number of these with "mismatched" top and bottom and have come to believe that they are most likely original. The various colored and speckled boxes make a nice collection but seem to have went ballistic in regards to price.

Rhett

Posts: 229 | Location: Nebraska in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 24, 2002
Picture of Jim Walz
posted
Thanks Rhett,
What other color combinations have you see?

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
You almost get the impression they put their "left-overs" together at the end of the week or whatever!

Let's see more unusual boxes!

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Stu Goldstein
posted
Is that Bakelite? Looks like it to me! Anything made of Bakelite is valuable these days – very posh!

Posts: 355 | Location: Northern Idaho in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 26, 2002
posted
Dog, they ARE valuable Wink Big Grin

I ONLY have a lousy Ivory one with no liner (yet) Frown

Posts: 267 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
It is my understanding that the 'speckeled' boxes are actually made of the scraps from the other colors being run at the time... they did not waste the material.

With this in mind, it is possible they assembled them with different color...

I have seen a few with different colors.... and not only the speckeled ones.....

I am not gonna pass judgement on them as right or wrong.... I just don't have the proof....

but the tops are removable by prying loose the spring clip.

There is also one color that does not have the blue inserts..... they are black!!! Big Grin