• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

ROCKFORD GRADE? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
CAN YOU HELP IN IDENTIFING WHICH ROCKFORD GRADE IS THIS HUNTER WATCH?
THANKS. Smile

Posts: 185 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2008
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Andrea,

According to the database by Henry Burgell, your watch is a grade 665, 17j, 16s & 2750 in grade.... It also says that the watch should have a wind indicator....ca. 1910

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Hi Jerry,

this movement looks like a 18 size and it is hunter no wind indicator.It is completely different from a grade 665..It is not my watch,i have seen it in a website but i cannot figure out the grade Confused

Thanks,
Andrea

Posts: 185 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2008
posted
Here is a grade 665 in 16 size taken from an Ebay listing.
Andrea

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Yep, that's more like it....3/4 plate and all....with wind indicator....

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
12-Size Expert
Picture of Robert Schussel
posted
According to Ehrhardts Rockford Book the watch is an 18 size 17j Hunter--no grade has been assigned.

Bob

Posts: 621 | Location: Vallejo, California U.S.A. | Registered: July 10, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
This is the page from Ehrhardt's book. Grading may not have been assigned to these late production models.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Yours was at least recognized as a Hunter Case Movement, my Open Face is not even recognized on the list by Movement type.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Thanks guys!It is always great to learn something and here is the best place!

Andrea