• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help identifying Bulova Pocket models "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Among my interests, I find the Bulova Pocket watches having excellent fit and finish. I have not been able to find much identification information. Can any one tell me the differences between 17AH, 17AE, 17AL calibres? Can anyone tell me when the 16AB and 16AC were sold? I would also be very interested in when the 17R movements were sold. Does anyone have a source of pictures of the variety of dials offered during the 1940 to 1960 period? Any infromtion for identification of Bulova PW's from the 1920's and 1930's ? A lot of question I reallize. Any help greatly appreciated. Art

Posts: 29 | Location: Pulaski, New York U.S.A. | Registered: March 15, 2004
Picture of Carlos Flores
posted
Welcome Arthur, not know the answers but I think there are members that can come up with them.
Hope to have you here frequently.
Regards

Posts: 325 | Location: Near Mexico City, Mexico | Registered: July 05, 2003
posted
Carlos, Thank you for your kind words. I hope some knowledgable member will come forward with some help. Information on these Bulova PW's seems hard to find. Art

posted
Arthur,
I like the Bulovas, too.I have 4 or 5 around here somewhere.
Bulova used many different movements for their pockets.The 17 AE is a Venus 133 basic movement..The 17AH is an ETA 953,also 17AHS ,17AL,17ALS.
The 17 AP is a Lephare but I don't know the caliber.
There are 20 or more models but these (17AE,AH) are probably the most common.
The 16 ligne are relativly new models.I think they are by Unitas.I would have to dig one out to make sure.
Also the 17AE was made in two diameters,but I don't remember the actual difference.
Parts are very scarce for the 17AE but parts are more available for the 17AH, but not much.
I hope this helps.If you have a question about a particular watch,don't hesitate to post on this BB.
J Smith

Posts: 188 | Location: Warrenton, North Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: January 12, 2003
posted
Thank you Julian, Are you saying the 17 AHS, AL and ALS were made by Eta? How does one figure out the differences between these models? Please also see if you can find who made the 16AB & 16AC 's , Years - Maybe late 1960's to 1970's ?? Can you tell me who made the 17R? and about when it was made? I am guessing 1920's or 1930's but really have no infromation. ANY help greatly appreciated.Art