Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A Special Burlington "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1338
posted
Yes, a Burlington. But far from ordinary.

This 16S 21J example is a Model 9 Grade 108. Adjusted to five positions. It is also pendant set. I can't recall
having had one in pendant set form. Anyone know anything about these?

Blue Illinois Book has this run in "P" striked thru and "L" hand written in.

On reading further in Grade 108 they say 2500 Grade 108 pendant sets were produced.

Going even further, under Burlington (ON7P) there were only 1150 of these pendant set 21J Burlingtons made.

I have not taken watch apart to see if it was modified, or is one of the 1150/2500.

The case is kind of special too. Looks original to the watch, but again I can't recall one with an engine turned back and a shield like this. Most were plain/monogrammed/personalized.

The whole watch shows only lite carrying use. About as good as I've found. Just thought you guys would want a look.

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Well, at least my PW/PS Burlington s/n 3294193 has a "Kissin Cuzzen", There were only 6400 all made PS in 1918 of this grade 108. Great watch!

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Tom & Dave, Great looking wathces, both....of which I know nothing about, but like to see them and they both look original.... Smile

Thanks for showing them....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008