• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Pocket watch prices lately "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have been out of the collecting mix for over a year but when looking at decent watch pricing they seem to be quite pricey and it appears that Hampdens appear to be more collectible than they have been for a long time. Wind Indicators appears to be in the 1k-1.5k range that they have been for many years but 21-23j grades in decent cases appear to be about 2x the prices I remember. Since I don't sell watches I don't know if my impressions are legit or not, can anyone that sells comment?

Posts: 1789 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Just my opinion, but as slow as watches are selling, I think folks are looking for the one good ‘kill’ in jacking up prices on a single watch rather than multiple sales with lower prices.

JMO, though.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC Member 1338
posted
IMO I think still down a little on most commons but WI and scarcer Illinois gone up a little
I just sold this very nice 23J vanguard in a Illinois Spartan case this afternoon for 299 which I believe to be about right. Condition, as usual, will determine price. A doggy 992 in a ruff case with a cracked dial rusted hands and scratchy movement...running...is still only worth 125 and imo always WILL be...a dog is still a dog as it were

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Member 1338
posted
dial

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
posted
I agree with the comments, seems some sellers are trying to hit a bases loaded home run on the first pitch.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
IHC Member 1338
posted
The sellers that are trying to do that are just costing themselves money...I would rather make a little on each and EARN the customers repeat business...one lucky sale isnt worth it word gets around

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com