Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

US Watch Crystal Manufacturing in 1922 "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Everyone,

Thanks to the miracle of Google Books, I found this article which was published in the Oct. 1922 issue of Industry Illustrated. This dovetails nicely with my 2010 post of how I make watch crystals today which can be found HERE

If today's flat microsheet glass was available then, the process would have been much easier! ...Enjoy.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted

IHC Life Member
posted

IHC Life Member
posted

IHC Life Member
posted

IHC Life Member
posted

IHC Life Member
posted

IHC Member 1369
posted
Totally cool! Thanks for posting this William.

Posts: 542 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: February 10, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Very interesting. I remember your post on your equipment and how you do it. Is that new Lathe for a part of the crystal making process?

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Great find William!

Google Books is a wonderful tool, I can imagine how tickled you were to find this.

For those who are not aware of William's manufacturing process please take a look HERE (Same link as in the first post of this thread).

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
posted
An old trade card,

Posts: 486 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: March 13, 2010
Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
Wow (to everything) here.

kh

Posts: 921 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: March 25, 2013
posted
Thank you for posting that. I found it very interesting.

Posts: 261 | Location: Missouri in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2011