• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bunn Special Double Sunk Repro by LaRose "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have this questionable perhaps under exposed photo to ask if the consensus is this is a repro dial?

The chapters show the circular lines but faintly.
Could this be a real porcelain dial and just a pic that isn’t showing the detail well?

The one feature I have an opinion on is the red in the minute markers is not cherry red, a lesser red is a pointer to a factory dial.

Returns accepted, so I can take delivery and view it in hand, but I have to decide if the probability is one way or the other.

This is the one of two photos, the second is the back, with case closed. That is all I have to go on!

Posts: 144 | Location: New York in the USA | Registered: September 23, 2018
IHC Member 1357
posted
James, looks like an original dial to me,as you stated not cherry red! A good sign.

Posts: 4092 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1555
posted
Does not appear to have any dial sinks at all (maybe my eyes are shotSmile). If it is a porcelain dial without sinks James it would be from a much lower grade and not for a Bunn Special at all.

Posts: 2264 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1911
posted
Its for sure a dial from a lesser grade watch- I would pass unless the movement and case are mint- you can always find a RR dial if needed.
T. Jones

Posts: 84 | Location: Central Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 12, 2013
posted
Very clean and no faults.
I am returning the watch because the balance assembly is not numbers matching to the movement numbers.
Not looking like a porcelain in the lever cut out, or copper beneath.
Quite sure a low grade as stated or a full on repro?
I am not removing the dial to investigate.
I would have kept it if not a parts watch. Sad….

posted
Second pic without crystal.
The depth and edges are minimal.