Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 992 needs help w/hands "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
I just purchased this #5 and I'm wondering what hands to get for it? Should they be blue or black, with or without silver centers, older style like last picture or newer style like 992B, and finally what seconds hand? Any comments on if it's an original combination would be helpful. Case # 44656 and movement # 2473499. Thanks, RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
posted
Case

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
posted
Movement

posted
Correct hands?

Picture of Chris Hughes
posted
Hey, Richard. Your friend Surf Monkey here.

Yes, those are the correct hands. They'll really make your watch look great.

Posts: 310 | Location: Portland, Oregon in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2010
posted
Thanks Chris,
I took off the chopped hands and put on these blue hands I've had as extra parts. Does anyone know if the serial #s may be correct for an original combination? These #s are earlier than the ones I've seen listed on this site; Hamilton Model 5 Case info, RR

posted
Those hands looked to have been the victim of the notorious "yellowed crystal". My Hamiltons, 2-990's, 1-992(early 3 foot version) and 1-993(later 4 foot version) are all much earlier than the one pictured.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009