Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Pocket Watch Dial Sizes "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bill Stockton
posted
I have several nice enamel watch dials of varying sizes from a few companies. I have measured the diameters of them all and would like to know what watch size each would have been made for. For example: an Elgin dial that measures 37.95mm should fit something like a 9 or 10 size watch. Not sure which and don't even know if Elgin made either size. Is there a chart somewhere that says a certain size dial from a specific company fits a certain size watch?

Posts: 10 | Location: Mishawaka, Indiana in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2021
IHC Member 1357
posted
William, look on this site "Technical Library,
Movement Numbers And Site Links"
Page 2,
Dial Feet Position Chart. Very helpful

Roger

Posts: 4093 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
There's also a dial scale/rule you can purchase to measure dials. I have one I received from an old watchmaker friend made of metal.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Bill Stockton
posted
Thanks guys. Although it doesn't include dial diameters, the foot location chart is considerable help.

Posts: 10 | Location: Mishawaka, Indiana in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2021