Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Deacon's "Deacon"! "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
About a Year back, Deacon sent me a kinda scruffy looking Marion - U.S. Watch Co. J.W. Deacon 11J Key Wind with a broken staff and several other items of concern. Kinda dirty too. No Staff was to be found, and while one of our members suggested trying an Illinois, the Illinois staffs I had were not interested in the job.

THEN Eek, DEACON FOUND A STAFF!!!! Cool, AND IT WORKED!!! Roll Eyes

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
After about 15 hours (would you believe minutes?) of elbow greasing and Rodico, the plates shined up good without looking like they were "Brasso'd".

Then I looked over the case and it cleaned up with a toothbrish and hand caressing. The flawless hand signed and scaled dial fell apart, but I got the seconds chapter back in securely, replaced a couple screws, added a working regulator arm, machined up a couple new Jewels, and Eureka!

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I wanted to show our group a Deacon that actually Predates our own "Deacon"!

Deacon I know you will like it. Enjoy!

IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
David is that really the boat anchor I sent you? I cannot believe it could come out so clean! WOW!!!!! and to top it off it is engraved with my name on the movement! Thank you my friend for a beautiful job.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009