Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Shugart listing of 16s 19 Jewel Bunn Special "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
This has puzzled me for some time and in fact one of our members has posted a desire to purchase one of these in the Wanted Horological Items section. Shugart guide lists both a 19J BUNN SPECIAL and 60hr version of same in his guide under the 16 size Illinois listing. Thus far in my sojourn of collecting 16s RR American watches I have not come across a single example of such a movement and no such animal is described in the Illnois Watch book by Meggars and Erhardt. What gives here? Is this an intentional gaff by such an expert at Mr. Shugart--I can't believe that these are typos! Anyone have an explanation for this listing? Thanks, Gregory Hall

Posts: 20 | Location: Little Rock, Arkansas USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
i personally believe this and some other combinations simply do not exist....

the authors have not produced the documentation to support the listing that I am aware of.

and as always in situations like this... i stand to be corrected....

Picture of Tom McIntyre
posted
Cooksy and other compilers introduce known errors in their information to assist in proving plagiarism when someone copies their work.

Since facts are not copyrightable, there is little other defense against unauthorized use. Since the errors are Cooksy's own creations, they are copyrighted as are the price estimates. The factual information is not. Big Grin

Posts: 633 | Location: Boston, Massachusetts USA | Registered: November 25, 2002