Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

New Looking Waltham "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1016
posted
I picked this 0s Waltham Hunter yesterday and am amazed at the NOS appearance of the case and movement. I need to add a minute hand and a crystal when I get home, but----What do you think?
This is a "save from the scrapper" watch and it was just too nice to let it get melted. I will probably offer this as a sale after a week or two so watch the "Save it from The Scrapper" forum if you are interested.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
The other side

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
Nice running movement

IHC Member 1016
posted
Case markings

IHC Member 1016
posted
The dial

posted
Hey Mike, That's a real beauty. It's good to know those (new) 100 year old watches are still out there. I have a 16s Waltham h/c in the same condition. Looks like it was put away when it was new (c1900),and I bought it the day it was uncovered.

Posts: 475 | Location: Gainesville, Florida in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2009
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I'd say someone has been under the hood at some time in the past, as the regulator is pushed all the way over to one side. Otherwise, it has all the appearance of just coming out of the factory!

Beautiful example!

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
Nice watch Mike!

I got one like that when I first stared this, and when I sold it My wife was heart broken. I had no idea she liked it so much. I will never find another one like it. Frown It had a real nice design between the bow and the crown. You had to move the bow to set the watch.

A jeweler in CA bought it.

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010