Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help to Identify This Private Label Gen. C. Stank "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
This is another watch I inherited. I believe the dial is signed Waltham with the initials stacked on top of each other and is also signed Canton, Ohio. The Waltham database for this serial number 1322342 lists it as a size 18 Broadway NJ grade watch. However, it is a size 16 watch.

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
Here is movement signed Gen. C. Stank. The serial number is 1322342. Can anyone tell me the grade etc?

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
That should be a Hampden watch. I think the dial is how they sometimes signed theirs Hampden Watch Co.

Is it a size 12? If so it looks like a model 1.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
That is a 12 size 15 Jewel Unadjusted Hampden, Canton, OH, model 3 "General Stark", Hunter Case, produced c.a. 1901 which if Deuber-cased would most likely be "all Original".

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
I think if you read from springfield to Moscow, you learn that Gen Stark had some association with Dueber. There was also a molly stark model.

happy hunting,

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
Thanks guys, A Hampton watch makes sense. I was reading the initials on the dial wrong so that is why I didn't find the correct information under Waltham.

It is a size 12 in dueber hunters case.

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Ernie, a cleanup and fresh mainspring should make that a good companion for another generation of two.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
Hi Dave:

I am afraid it is going to need more than a cleanup and new mainspring. I think the balance spring is broken. However the case real nice and the watch does deserve a good repair and cleaning.

I inherited the watch but I don't know who it belonged to. I got it from my in-laws about 20 years ago and don't remember if they mentioned whose it was. Now she is 96 years old and don't remember either.