Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

23 jewel 18 size Bunn Special "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Well here is my latest addition to my collection which just came back from Chris Abell. He replaced the crystal, crown, and incorrect screw that was holding the balance cock down. He also cleaned it and it is keeping very good time over the last couple of days. This is the variant of which only 1000 were made and it really looks and runs great. Nice locomotive engraving on the back of the case.

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
posted
and the back.......

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
posted
and the movement....

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Nice watch Steven. I think me & you will eventually be biding against each other for these Bunns. I have always like Illinois watches more than the others for some reason & then the Bunn ontop of that.

So far I have just bought pocket watches with no thought involved as to collecting something. Well the other day I thought I guess I am going to try to just get Bunns & I immediately thought of you & then thought I wonder if I will have any luck with you out there.

I would like you opinion of the 161 Type II I posted yesterday.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
posted
Tom,

I found your post, don't know how I missed it. That will be the start of finer things to come.

Steve