Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois Elgin Tivoli pocket watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi
I have an Illinois Elgin Tivoli pocket watch that was handed down to me. It was a 21st birthday present for my Father, it was purchased in November 1941 as I still have the original receipt. The serial number is 4537513.
Would anyone be able to give me any additional information?

Posts: 4 | Location: Bridgwater in the United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2023
IHC Member 1555
posted
Case numbers wil not tell us much Sam, as there are very few records on these. We need a clear close-up image of the watch movement/works as it also has a serial number.

Posts: 2264 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
posted
Hi Bila
Many thanks for your reply, I attach phots as requested, although I cannot see any numbers on either

Posts: 4 | Location: Bridgwater in the United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2023
posted
Hi Bila
And now the face Wink

IHC Member 1555
posted
That is a Swiss made movement in a American made case, probably an import Sam.

Just not at home at present to look for the maker of the movement, maybe a 11 Jewels Revue-Thommen, I will check when I get back home.

Posts: 2264 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
posted
Hi, Many thanks for taking the time to let me have the information