Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 992 Model 15 case question. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
I was reading under Identify your Hamilton 992 Case and it shows the Model 15 case as 1950 and made of stainless steel and made by "STAR".

I have a case that looks just like the Model 15 and it is stainless steel but it is made by "Hamilton Watch Co." has a picture of a star "Lancaster, Pa. R240775".

What did this case go on? If the STAR case is the Model 15 and came with the 992 then what did this case go with?

I am not crazy about stainless steel cases so I was going to sell it on the bay but I was just going to list it for a buy it now as I have a feeling this is a fairly valuable case since it is a Hamilton.

Any ideas?

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hi Harry,

You are describing a correct Hamilton Model 15 case that was made for them by Star and had a June of 1950 introduction date. That "R-Prefix" on the case number tells us you have a 1950s production case. There were also "generic" versions of this same style case but they are identified by a lack of "Hamilton" signature.

May I suggest you sell this case in our IHC185 Mart and Auctions where it should do well and cost you nothing in fees. I'm sure one of our own would be pleased to place an appropriate 992B in your case, they make a great combination. By the way, no other movement ever came from the factory in a Model 15 case.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
Thank you Lindell I will be happy to put it in the IHC185 auction. I do not have a 950B so maybe someone is waiting for this case that has a 992B.

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011