• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help! it getting out of hand "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
My collection has grown tremendously this year. And I'm getting to the point where I need to tag things (I keep unscrewing the back too many times to find the one I'm looking for). So where does one get the nice little tags you put on the bows?

Gary

Posts: 586 | Location: Bastrop, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Staples or OfficeMax.

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
I got them on ebay.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
Hello Gary,
This is what I use. There is probably better and cheaper things out there but this works pretty good for me.

http://www.riogrande.com/Produ...String/401427?pos=46 

Harry

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC Member 1357
posted
Walmart

Posts: 4092 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I use Office Depot Large Paper tags about 1-3/4" x 2-1/2" which leave plenty of space to record the data on one side and the service info on the other.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Thanks for all the inputs. I keep a nice Excel Spreatsheet and photos of all items. I was thinking of small string tags to put a reference number on. But I may reconsider and go for larger and more info. I'll check out Staples tomorrow.

Gary

IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Gary I am not sure if you have any discount or surplus stores where you are but we seem to have plenty here. I go there and anytime they have Items I can stock up on I do. I have many boxes of tags to mark my watches. The items on Ebay I switched to tiny stickers.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
posted
Gary, If you have any Antique Malls in your area they usually keep a good variety of string tags in all the different sizes.

Posts: 36 | Location: Tennessee in the USA | Registered: November 04, 2011
posted
Think what I need are some of the tiny tags for my working models and larger tags for my WIP (work in progress) items so I can list parts needed/ issues etc.

I live near Austin Texas in Bastrop...we are famous this year...the fires burned nearly 2000 of the 8000 homes in my town. It recovering nicely...great community.

Gary