Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Elgin 6s Prototype S/N 375074 "Click" to Login or Register 
, by John D. Duvall (created on )Gallery | Comments 
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
Here are the pictures during teardown. As you can see, I've got a lot of restoration work ahead of me. The plates were identified with the number "13" which leads me to believe this is a prototype.

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
posted
John,

Very nice layout.... The serial number 375074, the 7's sure look like upside down 2's to me...they do not seem to match the other type face..what do you think ???

John Pavlik

Posts: 638 | Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin USA | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Great photos John, and looking forward to seeing it when you are done with it!

Fred

Picture of Carlos Flores
posted
John,
Thanks for the set of pictures showing how really bad is the current situation. I await to see once the magic works on it...

Posts: 325 | Location: Near Mexico City, Mexico | Registered: July 05, 2003
posted
Interesting movement John.I have never seen a 6 sz with the three fingers.I think you have a very rare and probaly valuable movement.It would be nice if you could get more information on it or maybe find another one like it.
I wonder if all the watch companies made these types of prototypes.I could understand a sz 12 made like this but why a sz 6, since i would consider that more of a lady,s watchkeep us posted with your progress John, and as Carlos says , work your magic on it.