Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Latest Purchase & project "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Well here I go again, I just received the below deck watch that need a bit of help as you can see.
I removed the dial to send it away to be refurbished and it looks as though it had been under water as it has a lot of calcium and a bit of surface rust which I think will clean up just nice.
It need a good clean and oiling as well as a new staff and hands but I have then under way so I will post some pictures of the finished watch in the near future.
I will also be getting the boxes for it some time down the track.

Cheers
Gary

Posts: 340 | Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: September 10, 2009
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Next image

Posts: 340 | Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: September 10, 2009
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Image 3

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Image 4

posted
The movement looks to be in good shape.Post some photo's after you get it going.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Mike,
Will do and I will be taking some pictures of the dismantaled watch just so the members can see what goes into one of these watches.

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
I am getting a replacement dial from Larry Crutsinger.
http://www.internationaldialco.../Public/Default.aspx
Cheers
Gary

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Just an update, I have ordered the parts I need so it will be a couple of weeks until I get them so not to much to report.
Be patient everybody.
Gary

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Here is a picture of it stripped down waiting to be cleaned.

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Hi all,
Well I have just received all parts to get my Hamilton model 22 up and running.
I received a balance staff, crystal, hands and dial.
It needs the wooden boxes to complete the package but that will be a bit further down the track.
Keep posted as I will put the photos online when I receive them.
Please comment.
Cheers
Gary

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
picture of new dial and hands.

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
picture of inside back cover.

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
picture of movement

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
picture of the back cover

posted
beautiful restoration Gary! I have one of these with both boxes which I keep next to my computer. It keeps time within seconds of my computer clock!

chas

Posts: 63 | Location: Northern Ohio in the USA | Registered: June 20, 2006
posted
Nice job.It came out great.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Thanks guys,
Charles, I will be getting the boxes in the near future but at the moment it will have to wait due to lack of funds. Word of warning Charles, don't have your watch too close to you monitor or speakers as they may magnetize the watch. It happened to me recently when I placed a pocket watch that I just cleaned beside the screen so I could check out how it was running and it started to gain heaps of time in a short period.

Mike, I'm very please with the way it turned out thanks to Larry Crutsinger for supplying the parts I needed.
Cheers
Gary

posted
thanks for the warning Gary; in my case I've had no trouble with magnetism in several years. only problem is that it will stop if I don't remember to wind it!

chas

Posts: 63 | Location: Northern Ohio in the USA | Registered: June 20, 2006
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Chas,
I have that problem as well but I have several watches running at the moment so I have to remember to wind them in the mornings when I get up.
I have to say I really think the Hamilton Model 22 is a very nice watch to own and to work on as it went back together very nicely.
Cheers
Gary

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Beautiful work Gary, patience has been rewarded Cool my friend.

What you now have is a great addition to any collection.

Thanks for sharing your restoration with all of us!

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Being late Sunday night I will do a run down of costs of what it took to get it to this stage.
Like my last Hamilton model 22 This one works out to be very affordable.
Cheers
Gary

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Lindell,
Thanks for that and yes it worked out great