Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

world war 2 waltham wristwatch "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Here is a old Waltham 17 jewel army wristwatch with the ordinace #,s on the back of the case..

It is housed in a keystone base metal case screw on back cover with a snap on dust cover..

I found this in with a bunch of parts and watches i bought from a watchmakers estate and thought it might be interresting for you folks to look at..

world war 2 waltham

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
pic. 2

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
pic 3

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
pic 4

world war 2 waltham mov.jpg

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
A nice old WWII Waltham service watch. Are you going to replace the staff?

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1948 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Is this a WW II vintage or immediately afterward? The serial number seems to indicate a 1946 date.

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
thanks everone for the information..

greg i dont know if i will repair the watch i did take the balance and pallet fork out of the watch to see if the train was free and it seems to be fine...I dont collect military watches and did not have many wristwatches till i got these that i now have..The elgin milatry watch also has a broke staff,,I have been cleaning some of the wristwatches i bought but have not tried to change any staffs yet..

I may sell them as they are...

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Have you noticed how easy a pocket watch is to repair after working on wristwatches for a while?

If you would like to sell any of your military watches, I hope you will consider our Chapter Mart.

Best regards,

Greg

Posts: 1948 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
My goodness there sure is some small screws in these wristwatches i cleaned a boulva 7ak today and i could have put three pocketwatches together in the time i spent getting all the pivots back in place...Got it back together and seen i had left the detent screw out so i had to take a plate back off again...Then i droped the screw and after 15 minutes looking i found it...Glad to say that the watch is running great ,,, Big Grin Smile

posted
Sammie glad to hear you found the detent screw and got the pivots lined up.
Good work on getting it going. Smile Smile