Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Royal Navy Omega Seamaster "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Vincent Gratta
posted
Hello,
I haven't viseted for a while and wanted to post this recent pic of my SM 300. For those that don't know the watch the MOD bought date version cases with screw crowns put non-date movements and dials in them and then added fixed bars and the tritium symbol to the dial.
Ciao,
Vincent

Posts: 10 | Location: Sarasota, Florida U.S.A. | Registered: August 30, 2004
posted
Sorry here is the pic;

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Thanks, Vincent.

Another highly desirable military watch.

Would you say that military Omega watches are at the same level of collector desirability as military Rolex watches?

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1964 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Hi Greg,
No I don't think they would be. There are a lot of different types of issued Omegas and very few issued Rolexes. I still think the Omegas are undervalued. A Rolex 5517 these days will bring over $10,000 and there are special dialed versions for sale over $50K. An Omega like mine just sold on a popular dealers site for under $1800. The Rolex GTSP pockets are still very affordable for an issued Rolex. Here are some better pics with a back shot;
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/vincentg39/sm300a.JPG

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/vincentg39/sm300bkg.JPG
Ciao,
Vincent

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Thanks for the shot of the case back. I see it has a Broad Arrow and the NATO Stores Code. I understand that all NATO members use this code, though I could be wrong. One day, I'll have to compile a more complete listing of these codes.

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1964 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002