• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Just got this today "Click" to Login or Register 
posted

Went to a mart today the price was so good I could not pass on this one.A Chelsea type A 24 hrs dial I did not have one with this type dial.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
A nice looking clock. Does it have a date on the movement? Any military property marks?

Thanks,
Greg

Posts: 1948 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Very nice Mike, is the slot on the upper left used to regulate the time?. I cannot tell.

Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
Ray you are right the slot on the right is for regulating the time has a F for fast and a S for slow.And Greg I have not taken it apart yet to date it and the only military marks I ever saw on a chelsea it the dial but this has no marks but the dial being a 24 hrs dial it's most likly military since they are the only one's that used 24 hrs dial just a guess.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
While the military does use 24 hour time, it is also used in many places around the world by civilians. A 24 hour dial could mean it was meant for a military use, but not necessarily. Without military markings my normal expectation would be that it was not military though there is no way to be sure.

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004