• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

any information on the JARDUR chronos ? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
anyone have some info on the jardur , pilot chronos ?
ive seen them in gold filled with round pushers ,and stainless with oval pushers .
im curious what country and wich air forces contracted these ?
regards ,
pete

Posts: 109 | Location: Brookpark, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 06, 2005
posted
I am not familiar with these. Do you have any photos you can share? Do you have a sense of the approximate vintage of them?

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
posted
here is a website with 2 of them, one in gold fill one stainless. it doesnt sound like he knows alot about them but they sure are pricey ..

thanks
pete
http://www.watchestobuy.com/newpage5.htm

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
In the SWISS TIMEPIECE MAKERS volumes, there is a 1955 listing for a "Jardur Import Co.", of New York. Importers of wrist, chronograph, and stop watches. That's all I have on them.

I don't recall ever seeing or hearing of this brand before in any context. Most likely imported for the commercial market. I would not assume a military connection unless the seller has some solid research to back it up.

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Anything is possible and if someone can come up with some documentation I would be willing to change my thinking, but at this point I don't see anything about these that would indicate that they were made for any military service, nor do I see anything about them that would indicate they are specifically for pilots (I'm a pilot).

posted
i do see a few features on these that would make them useful for navigation . i have seen on a few sites tjhat the same company made a " flight computer " on a turning disc . im pretty sure these were used for saervice i would like to know more before i buy one .
thanks guys

posted
I did a quick look on Ebay and found a similar model Jardur for outright sale at a much lower price. Here is the link: Jardur I can see the dial on this one a bit better and notice that the outer dial seems to be a telemeter function which is for measuring distance by using the time between when something is seen and heard. Like counting the seconds between a flash of lightning and the boom that arrives quickly afterwards to determine how far away the lightning strike was - you count the seconds and divide by 5 and that is the number of miles away the strike was. I am not sure I can think of a practical use for a function like this for a pilot, given the roar of the engine and the wind that makes it almost impossible to hear an outside sound coming from a distance. That Ebay example 'buy it now' sale offer does not suggest that one is military and even mentions a fancy original wooden presentation box which to me suggests it is civilian.

posted
Hallo Evrbdy,

i really do not want disappoint anyone but these Jardur even if nice looking never went into military service anywhere and frankly they seem to me much high priced as I bought one not long ago with the sought Valjoux 71 for some 600 USD.
I would rather be surpriced to discover that the Jardur worth that much...(but i do not believe so).
IMO i would have a look around first...

Posts: 285 | Location: Rome, Italy | Registered: May 19, 2005