Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My Latest Find, Hamilton Model 22 "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Tom,
If it is not against the rules how much are you asking for your's as I have a friend that is looking for one as well.
Gary

Posts: 340 | Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: September 10, 2009
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
I will email you Gary, it is on ebay. I got a question by someone in Australia asking if I would ship there, which I replied I would.

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
I think I have it in my watching folder.
Will keep an eye on how it goes so I can get a guide on how much mine will be when it is up and running.
Gary

Posts: 340 | Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: September 10, 2009
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Tom,
I see your watch sold and for a reasonable price. I hope you got enough for it in the end.
Cheers
Gary

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
I did OK, looks like it went for the average price, not as well as my gimbaled model but still OK.

Tom

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Maybe the members here can tell me if the Model 22 in the gimballed box came with the outer box from the factory or was it an after thought.
Gary

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
I can't say for a fact but it is my understanding that the outer box was actual bolted down to a surface so the box stayed in one place. All of the outer boxes have a hole in each side where it was bolted down. I assume this was done so in a rough sea the watch & gimbaled box were actually attached to something.

I believe the outer box for the cased version was the same.

Tom

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Tom,
That would make a lot of sence.
So maybe they are an after thought.
Thanks

Gary

posted
The gimballed deck watch came with two cases. The inner case and the outer case. Not an afterthought.

Posts: 292 | Location: Vancouver, Washington, USA | Registered: May 19, 2005
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Gary

I believe Mike is correct, I guess you misunderstood what I was saying, they came together as a set.

Tom

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Mike/Tom,
Thanks for the input, the reason I asked the question was I was informed that the gimballed box only had the inner and not the outer which I though was a bit of a crock. The service manual I have shows the two cases and I was always going to get the second case from Gary Sellick a bit down the track and that would complete the set.
Gary